The organ was originally built in 1853 by an unknown builder. In 1952, Compton rebuilt the organ with the great division consisting of mainly the original 1853 pipework.
The organ has the following specification:
Open Wood 16'
Sub Bass 16'
Bass Flute 8'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Open Diapason 8'
Stopped Diapason 8'
Swell to Great
Hohl Flute 8'
Open Flute 4'
3 double touch thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
3 double touch thumb pistons to Swell and Pedal
3 toe pistons to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Great to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Swell to Pedal
Double touch canceller to each department
3 ventil switches