The organ was built in 1950 where it replaced an earlier instrument built by Walker. The organ uses 6 ranks of pipes all fully enclosed (with the exception of the Compton patent 32ft polyphonic bass) in a chamber behind a dummy pipe facade. It is a wonderful example of a Compton organ built in this period and has the following original specification:

Acoustic Bass 32'
Open Bass 16'
Sub Bass 16'
Flute 8'
Trombone 16'
Trumpet 8'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

Bourdon 16'
First Diapason 8'
Second Diapason 8'
Hohl Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Octave 4'
Open Flute 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Swell to Great

Contra Viola 16'
Hohl Flute 8'
Viola 8'
Salicional 8'
Open Flute 4'
Viola 4'
Piccolo 2'
Cymbale III
Trombone 16'
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'
Tremulant (affecting all divisions)

4 double touch thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
4 double touch thumb pistons to Swell and Pedal
4 toe pistons to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Great to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Swell to Pedal
Double touch canceller to each department
Ventil switches