All Saint's Church in Darlaston, West Midlands is another church that was victim to the blitz during world war two.  A new church was built and consecrated in 1952.  The architect at the time had probably assumed that an electronic organ would have been installed as an organ chamber had not been included and it was only during the actual building that this was remedied.  However, it was said that to install a pipe organ in the small space provided would be impossible but Comptons were masters at putting organs into spaces that an organ builder of traditional lines would not even contemplate and here is one example.

The pipework is completely enclosed behind an ornamental grille and is of course built using the 'extension' principal and uses 5 'units' of pipes as follows: First Diapason, Second Diapason, Harmonic Flute, Salicional and Trumpet.

In 2007 the organ was given an overhaul and as such is now one of the finest remaining examples of a Compton church pipe organ in the West Midlands which is enhanced by the brilliant acoustics in the church. 

The specification reads:

PEDAL
Acoustic Bass 32'
Open Bass 16'
Sub Bass 16'
Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Trombone 16'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

GREAT
Bourdon 16'
First Diapason 8'
Second Diapason 8'
Harmonic Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Octave 4'
Flute 4'
Salicet 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Swell to Great

SWELL
Contra Salicional 16'
Second Diapason 8'
Harmonic Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Principal 4'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Salicet 4'
Nazard 2.2/3'
Piccolo 2'
Fifteenth 2'
Cymbale II
Trombone 16'
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'
Tremulant (affects whole organ)

ACCESSORIES
4 thumb pistons to Great and Pedal duplicated by toe pistons
4 thumb pistons to Swell duplicated by toe pistons
1 canceller thumb piston - Great to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Swell to Pedal
1 balanced expression pedal - organ
1 balanced expression pedal - crescendo
3 ventil switches
Double touch canceller to each department
Voltmeter