The organ was built in 1954 replace a 3 manual Walker instrument which had been destroyed on 29th December 1940 during a world war two bombing raid. The organ is enclosed in two chambers at the rear of the church concealed by an ornamental grille and played from a 3 manual drawstop console located in the rear gallery underneath the chambers. 

When first built, the organ consisted of six ranks of pipes but in 1957, following a bequest from Miss Irene van Raalte, the following ranks were added by Compton: Hautboy, Stopped Flute, Vox Angelica. The original action was replaced in 1991 by a solid state system but otherwise the organ remains as it did in 1957 and is a superb illustration of a small-medium instrument by the John Compton Organ Company Ltd. 

The specification reads:

PEDAL
Subbass 32'
Open Bass 16'
Subbass 16'
Echo Bass 16'
Salicional 8'
Flute 8'
Flute 4'
Trombone 16'
Trumpet 8'
Choir to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

CHOIR
Contra Salicional 16'
Second Diapason 8'
Viola 8'
Harmonic Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Vox Angelica 8'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Salicet 4'
Acuta II
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'
Swell to Choir

GREAT
Sub Diapason 16'
First Diapason 8'
Second Diapason 8'
Stopped Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Principal 4'
Stopped Flute 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Mixture III
Swell to Great

SWELL
Contra Viola 16'
Viola 8'
Harmonic Flute 8'
Octave Viola 4'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Nazard 2.2/3'
Piccolo 2'
Cymbale III
Contra Hautboy 16'
Trumpet 8'
Hautboy 8'
Clarion 4'
Tremulant

ACCESSORIES
6 double touch thumb pistons to Choir and Pedal
6 double touch thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
6 double touch thumb pistons to Swell and Pedal
4 reversible thumb pistons
1 reversible toe piston - Great to Pedal
1 balanced expression pedal with indicator - great chamber
1 balanced expression pedal with indicator - swell chamber
1 balanced expression pedal with indicator - crescendo
1 general cancel thumb piston
Ventil switches
Voltmeter