Job number: A153
The organ was built by the famous John Compton Organ Company Ltd and was ready in time for the opening of the cinema on 6th October 1932 and is now one of the very few that remains in its original location.
The organ has 3 manuals and there are 11 ranks of pipes contained in 2 enclosed chambers (one above the other) situated to the right of the proscenium and speak into the auditorium through ornamental grilles.
The layout of the organ is as follows:
Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Crash Cymbal, Tap Cymbal, Tom-Tom, Chinese Block, Castanets, Sand Block, Sleigh Bells, Tambourine, Triangle, Chinese Gourds, Bird Whistle, Siren
Marimba, Glockenspiel, Vibraphone, Chimes