The organ, job number A279, was built by and dedicated here in September 1934.

In 1985 the organ was overhauled by Rushworth & Dreaper (who took over the pipe division of Comptons in the mid 1960s) and a new chamber at the rear of the church was built complete with a dummy pipe facade. In the usual Compton style, the organ is built using the extension principal with 4 ranks of pipes (Diapason, Hohl Flute, Salicional and Tromba) all fully enclosed with the exception of the 32ft polyphonic bass.

The specification reads:

Sub Bass 32'
Bourdon 16'
Echo Bass 16'
Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Tromba Bass 16'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

Contra Flute 16'
Open Diapason 8'
Hohl Flute 8
Salicional 8'
Octave 4'
Salicet 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Swell to Great

Contra Salicional 16'
Hohl Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Flute 4'
Salicet 4'
Echo Cymbale III
Tromba Bass 16'
Tromba 8'
Tromba Octave 4'
Tremulant (affects whole organ)

4 double touch thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
4 double touch thumb pistons to Swell
1 canceller thumb piston - Great to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Swell to Pedal
Double touch canceller to each department
2 balanced expression pedals - organ
1 balances expression pedal - crescendo