As well as building completely new instruments, Comptons also did much work in rebuilding instruments by other builders and a good example of this can be found at All Saint's Church in the village of Mickleover just outside Derby.

The organ was first built by William Hill & Son in 1903 and installed in a chamber on the north side of the chancel. In 1949 it was rebuilt by Compton when the pipework was moved to its current location in the west end of the nave. Much new pipework was added including the Trumpet rank and also a detached stopkey console of the distinctive Compton design.

In 1981 the organ was rebuilt by M Thompson which saw the removal of the Compton patent 32ft polyphonic bass. 

The specification now reads:

PEDAL
Bourdon 16'
Dulciana 16'
Flute 8'
Dulciana 8'
Dulcet 4'
Trombone 16'
Clarion 4'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

GREAT
Double Diapason 16'
Open Diapason 1 8'
Open Diapason 2 8'
Gemshorn 8'
Claribel Flute 8'
Octave 4'
Flute 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Larigot 1.1/3'
Trumpet 8'
Swell Sub Octave to Great
Swell Unison to Great
Swell Octave to Great

SWELL
Open Diapason 8'
Rohr Flute 8'
Muted Viola 8'
Viole Celeste 8'
Principal 4'
Fifteenth 2'
Cymbale IV
Trombone 16'
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'
Sub Octave
Unison Off
Octave
Tremulant

ACCESSORIES
6 thumb pistons to Great
6 thumb pistons to Swell duplicated by toe pistons
3 reversible thumb pistons
Ventil switches
Voltmeter