Catholics have been worshipping here continuously since 1873 when the church was first built. The original church was bombed in 1941 during the blitz on London and was very badly damaged. Re-building began in 1956 and the church was Blessed and re-opened for worship in November 1958.
A new organ was installed and like many churches at the time, they chose the Compton electronic organ - this being the model 347.
Today, the 347 model is almost obsolete but happily this instrument survives in original condition.