Deep in the Worcestershire countryside, a few miles from Malvern, can be found the Catholic Church of Our Lady and St Alphonsus in the village of Hanley Swan.  The organ is one of those examples that was built for another location but moved later in life. 

The organ was originally built in 1938 by the John Compton Organ Company Ltd for Droitwich Methodist Church. After getting damaged by a leak, the organ was acquired by Worcester organ builder Trevor Tipple who restored it, fitted solid state electric action and installed it here in 1993. The organ is a superb example of a pre war Miniatura model.  Some additions were made to the specification which now reads:

Bourdon 16'
Principal 8'
Bass Flute 8'
Fifteenth 4'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

Open Diapason 8'
Stopped Flute 8'
Principal 4'
Fifteenth 2'
Swell to Great

Stopped Flute 8'
Flute 4'
Nazard 2.2/3'
Piccolo 2'

2 ventil switches - Diapason and Flute
1 balanced expression pedal