Compton organs really can be found everywhere!  From huge London west end cinemas such as the Odeon, Leicester Square to little country churches such as Holy Trinity in Eggleston, a few miles from Barnard Castle in County Durham.

The organ was installed in around the late 1940s to replace an instrument originally built by Nicholson of Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 1890.

The specification reads:

PEDAL
Sub Bass 16'
Flute 8'
Trombone 16'
Trumpet 8'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

GREAT
Bourdon 16'
Open Diapason 8'
Harmonic Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Octave 4'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Salicet 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Swell to Great

SWELL
Contra Salicional 16'
Harmonic Flute 8'
Salicional 8'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Salicet 4'
Piccolo 2'
Cymbale III
Trombone 16'
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'
Tremulant (affects whole organ)

ACCESSORIES
4 double touch thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
4 double touch thumb pistons to Swell and Pedal
4 toe pistons to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Great to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Swell to Pedal
1 balanced expression pedal - organ
1 balanced expression pedal - crescendo
2 ventil switches
Double touch canceller to each department
Voltmeter