The organ was originally built (date unknown) by Wood Wordsworth & Co of Leeds. It was rebuilt in about 1957 by the Compton which included the installation of electric action and a new console of the distinctive Compton design.

Im not sure how much of the pipework is original and if any was added by Compton's in the process but this instrument is a good example of Compton's work at rebuilding other instruments.

The specification reads:

Open Diapason 16'
Bourdon 16'
Violoncello 8'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

Bourdon 16'
Open Diapason 1 8'
Open Diapason 2 8'
Stopped Diapason 8'
Dulciana 8'
Principal 4'
Lieblich Flute 4'
Rauschquint II
Mixture III
Trumpet 8'
Swell Sub Octave to Great
Swell Octave to Great
Swell to Great

Lieblich Bourdon 16'
Stopped Diapason 8'
Gamba 8'
Viol d' Amour 8'
Spitz Flute 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Cornopean 8'
Oboe 8'
Clarinet 8'
Sub Octave

4 double touch thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
4 double touch thumb pistons to Swell and Pedal
4 toe pistons to Swell
4 toe pistons to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Great to Pedal
1 canceller thumb piston - Swell to Pedal
Double touch canceller to each department