The organ was originally in 1880 by Forster and Andrews and rebuilt in 1905 by a local organ builder. At an unknown date it was overhauled by Nicholson. In 1963 a major rebuild was undertaken by Compton which saw electric action installed, a new detached stopkey console (interestingly bearing much resemblance to their cinema instruments) and a new choir division. In 2013 the organ was overhauled by Cousans of Lincoln which saw new action fitted and console accessories but specification wise, the organ remains as Compton built it.

At this time, the John Compton Organ Company Ltd were focusing on building electronic organs and most work done by the pipe division was rebuilding other instruments such as this so the organ here is a good example of the work done by Compton in the last couple of years of building pipe organs.

The specification reads:

Resultant Bass 32'
Open Diapason 16'
Open Wood 16'
Bourdon 16'
Octave 8'
Bass Flute 8'
Ophicleide 16'
Choir to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

Contra Dulciana 16'
Stopped Diapason 8'
Dulciana 8'
Stopped Flute 4'
Dulcet 4'
Nazard 2.2/3'
Flautina 2'
Mixture III
Swell to Choir

Double Diapason 16'
First Diapason 8'
Second Diapason 8'
Claribel 8'
Principal 4'
Wald Flute 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Posaune 8'
Choir to Great
Swell Sub Octave to Great
Swell Unison to Great
Swell Octave to Great

Contra Gamba 16'
Open Diapason 8'
Lieblich Gedeckt 8'
Salicional 8'
Voix Celeste 8'
Gemshorn 4'
Piccolo 2'
Mixture III
Horn 8'
Oboe 8'
Sub Octave

4 double touch thumb pistons to choir and pedal
4 double touch thumb pistons to great and pedal
4 double touch thumb pistons to swell and pedal
4 toe pistons to pedal and great
4 toe pistons to pedal and swell
8 general thumb pistons
6 reversible thumb pistons
1 reversible toe piston - great to pedal
1 setter thumb piston
1 general cancel thumb piston
Double touch canceller to each division