The church building was opened in October 1957 and the Compton organ provided is the now very rare electrone 'model 354' which consists of a single manual with a 'Pedal Bass' stop which gives the deep bass notes that would usually be provided on an instrument with pedals.

The specification reads:

Pedal Bass 16'
Bourdon 16'
Open Diapason 8'
Hohl Flute 8'
Rohr Flute 8'
Dulciana 8'
Echo Flute 8'
Octave 4'
Flute 4'
Nazard 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Flautino 2'
Mixture III
Melodic Diapason 8'