The organ was originally built in 1906 by Norman and Beard where it replaced an earlier instrument by Hill.

In 1962 the organ was rebuilt by the Compton which included a new console, electric action and extension of the pedal division. At this time, Compton were focusing their efforts on electronic organ production and so this instrument is a good example of the type of work that the company were undertaking in their last few years of pipe organ work.

The specification reads:

Open Diapason 16'
Bourdon 16'
Octave 8'
Bass Flute 8'
Choral Bass 4'
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

Open Diapason 8'
Lieblich Gedackt 8'
Dulciana 8'
Principal 4'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Twelfth 2.2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Quartane II
Swell Sub Octave to Great
Swell Octave to Great
Swell to Great

Open Diapason 8'
Lieblich Gedackt 8'
Salicional 8'
Voix Celeste 8'
Gemshorn 4'
Stopped Flute 4'
Cornet III
Horn 8'
Oboe 8'
Sub Octave

4 double touch thumb pistons to great and pedal
4 double touch thumb pistons to swell and pedal
4 toe pistons to pedal and great
3 reversible thumb pistons
Double touch canceller to each division