St Mary's Church in Osterley, London contains a wonderful example of the kind of work that Compton did in the last couple of years of pipe organ building.

The organ was first built in around 1857 by Gray and Davison as a 2 manual instrument. Originally installed on the west gallery, it was moved to the north transept in around 1870 and again to its present location in 1888. In 1962, the organ was completely rebuilt by the John Compton Organ Company Ltd and was one of the last large instruments the company did work on before selling off the pipe division in 1964 and focusing solely on building electronic instruments. The work included the addition of an unenclosed choir division and the present detached console as well new action, soundboards, swell motors and other tonal additions. In essence, the organ uses Compton pipework on the choir and Gray and Davison pipework on the other divisions. 

The specification reads:

PEDAL
Open Diapason 16'
Bourdon 16'
Octave 8'
Bass Flute 8'
Flute 4'
Choir to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

CHOIR (Compton addition in 1962)
Rohr Gedackt 8'
Viol d' Amour 8'
Dulciana 8'
Suabe Flute 4'
Nazard 2.2/3'
Flautina 2'
Clarinet 8'
Swell to Choir

GREAT
Bourdon 16'
Open Diapason 1 8'
Open Diapason 2 8' (Compton 1962)
Claribel 8'
Principal 4'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Twelfth 2.2'3'
Fifteenth 2'
Trumpet 8'
Swell Sub Octave to Great
Swell Octave to Great
Swell to Great

SWELL
Open Diapason 8'
Rohrflote 8'
Gamba 8' (Compton 1962)
Voix Celeste 8'
Principal 4'
Fifteenth 2'
Mixture III (Compton 1962)
Contra Fagotto 16'
Cornopean 8'
Sub Octave
Unison Off
Octave
Tremulant

ACCESSORIES
5 double touch thumb pistons to Choir and Pedal
5 double touch thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
5 double touch thumb pistons to Swell and Pedal
5 double touch toe pistons to Pedal and Great
5 double touch toe pistons to Pedal and Swell
4 coupler canceller thumb pistons
1 canceller toe piston - Great to Pedal
1 ventil switch to pedal Bourdon